Dolphin Update: June 5, 2023
Good Afternoon! Welcome to your first full week of swim team, and matching update. Please plan to read through all the details of each weekly email so that you can be sure to have up to date information for a successful season.
1) Schedule for this week is all evening practices. AM practices begin next week.
Monday - Normal Practice 5:45-7PM.
Tuesday - Practice AND team pictures with professional photographer, Dan Emmerman. Come with your team suit and team t-shirt! If you don't have a suit yet, it's okay.
Wednesday - Normal Practice 5:45-7PM, AND parents training meeting. Parents, please plan to stay for practice. We will go over the nature of each volunteer position, in preparation for our mock meet next Tuesday June 13th. Stay tuned for a sign up genius coming soon regarding volunteer sign up opportunities.
Thursday - Normal Practice 5:45-7PM
Friday - NO PRACTICE. The original schedule says make up pictures, however those have been reschedule for June 21.
2) Team Pictures: our favorite photographer, Dan Emmerman, will be on deck to take not only individual shots of swimmers (and families of swimmers) but also our team photo.
+Individual photos are taken on the diving board, and swimmers should wear their swimsuit. If you don't have one, just wear any suit. These will be for purchase, and serve to raise money for the swim team.
+Team Photo - we will gather on the side of the pool for a group shot. Please bring your new team t-shirts for the team photo. If you cannot attend, don't worry - we can photoshop the team picture, combining images from this Tuesday and make up photo day. This photo will be used for our team heat sheet ad at champs!
3) All swim team members will receive one cap and one t-shirt, included with the registration fee. If you have not yet received yours, please see Liz Corder. Replacement caps will be at a fee of $10.
4) Speaking of shirts - the team store has opened for a second round of printing. The store will close again on June 16th, with items printed to be received by our July 5th meet. Proceeds also support the team. Please buy team items here:
5) Junior Dolphins - our youngest swimmers will begin on Monday June 12. Each junior dolphin will sign up for either the MW evening time slot 5:30-6PM, or the TuTh morning time slot 10:45-11:15AM. If you are not sure which time you signed up for, please contact Liz Corder.
6) Attention High School Seniors! Did you know that there are multiple scholarship opportunities?
a) The SCC dolphins offer $50 per every 3 years of consecutive team membership.
b) The VSL offers a senior scholarship of $500? If you are interested in applying for this scholarship, utilize this link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sUx9YJ24rYdytgAFDySqkJbBbxvNi03o/view?usp=share_link
7) Safety Reminders: parents, please plan to stay for swim practice as often as possible, especially as we kick off this season and if your child is one that is still learning to swim. Of course, our coaches are experienced and can handle running our practices, but extra eyes on deck are paramount to keeping everyone safe, happy and healthy. If you are a parent with swimming expertise, also please consider volunteering your time!
Parents, also please note that junior dolphins or other siblings can only swim in the pool during operating hours (11a-7pm M-Th; 11a-8p Fri/Sat) and so no non-swim team members should be in the pool during swim team practice times.
Please make sure you go through the website, and all printed and posted information to ensure that you are aware of all the swim team procedures and events. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to contact Hilary.